1) suckling is getting better, although still not effective. He's getting a mix of what goldengrove
can express and formula, which he gobbles up. And then pukes up (well, a bit). (anyone with an opinion on that other than "good plan" can fold it till its all sharp corners and stick it somewhere personal - i'm not interested in a "oh but mother's milk is the ambrosia that makes the rest of life perfect" conversation (yes, I am short sleep and crabby :))).
2) he, unlike every other baby on earth, did not scream his nuts off when given his first bath. He kicked a bit, and then fell asleep. Being taken out was the new Worst Thing Ever. Go figure.
3) he doesn't need any more antibiotics, which is good cos he smacked his arm until the plug thing came out.
1) he's a bit jaundiced and its getting worse (normal for premmy baby), so he might have to get irradiated for a bit to make it go away.
2) there's a chance that goldengrove
might have to come home without the sprout, which will make her sad.
3) his nails got a bit broken up and he scratched up his face a little. Its mostly faded, but there's mittens in the wash now.
Random things that made me laugh or whatever.
1) FISTS OF FURY! He waves them around like mad, and goldengrove
and me can't help but say "FURY!" each time.
2) Everything that goes wrong is the Worst Thing Ever. For about 20 seconds.
3) his eyes are so dark you can't make out the pupils :) he'll probably have brown hair with blond highlight, unless it all falls out and goes red.